Skip to main content

Angular.JS ... absolutely awesome BUT...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

Sort the documentation soon please!

 More soon, I really do like it though. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Communicating between controllers in AngularJS

I have seen many solutions to how to make controllers talk to each other whilst at the same time remaining within "da rulez" of writing Angular applications. I have been using Angular for about a month now and at times it has been swearier than a good Haskell session, it is most definitely worth it all in the end. I have written a really nice looking web application for my employer and they seem to like it. I think Angular. One thing I really aced (to my own satisfaction at least) was wrapping a REST (of any type) API using a resource. I will make a separate post about that. Do the simplest thing... Here is my own solution to the problem of how you can make different controllers communicate cleanly using the "event" system that Angular provides. All you have to do is ensure that the following event listener is added to your application root-scope: App.run( function( $rootScope )) { $rootScope.$on('broadcast', function( e, data ) { if (undef...

Handling multipart/form-data with NanoHTTPD

I am in the process of reviving an old project from 2014 that I never finished because of other work commitments. In that time, bitrot has set in, the Android API has moved on and all in all, the home-brewed HTTP server I wrote using SocketServer and the org.apache libraries had to go! I looked around, found a couple of contenders and after much time decided to go with NanoHTTPD because it is lean, small and fits in exactly two files. The main server is in one file `NanoHTTPD.java`and there is another file called `ServerRunner.java` which manages instances of running servers. The others The other project I looked at is this one:  https://github.com/koush/AndroidAsync which led me a merry dance and I just couldn't figure out how get the POST data I had uploaded. I spent a few days really digging at it with Wire Shark too to make sure the data was going up. It was. Whatever... I had used it via a gradle dependency entry but I dropped it and went back to NanoHTTPD. For m...

PHP and Lisp: multiple-value-bind (MVB)

This is another article in my attempts to find new ways of looking at PHP and making it less of a chore to type in all that code. As much as I love PHP I hate wasting keystrokes. More typing is more errors is more grief. Being an off and on user of Lisp, although not as much as I used to, one of the things that I always liked in Lisp was the ability to be able to return multiple values from a function at once using (values) and then marry that with (multiple-value-bind) to create convenient named bindings for whatever you were about to do. I recently found myself wanting to return a couple of values from a helper function and I just didn't want to go to the trouble of having to type all those character required to create an array with keys for the two values and then I remembered MVB and a little light went on in my head! If somebody else has already done this then I apologise up front but it was new to me and I haven't seen it anywhere else so this could be a first! ...